"Great site. I wish you the best of success
with this worthy project."
- Michael Oren - historian & research fellow
[Biographical notes:American-Israeli scholar, historian, and author best known for his best-selling and highly acclaimed books on Middle Eastern history. Author of best-selling Six Days of War: June 1967 and the Making of the Modern Middle East. Senior Fellow at the Shalem Center in Jerusalem and a contributing editor to the The New Republic and the Shalem Center's quarterly journal, Azure. more]
"Your site is an invaluable resource for documenting the events that unfolded in those momentous months of 1967"
- Sir Jonathan Sacks, Chief Rabbi of the United Hebrew Congregations of
"All good wishes for your site."
- Professor Sir Martin Gilbert, CBE, historian and author. Professor Gilbert's biographical biographical notes.
"The Six-Day's War was a truly remarkable event,
not only for Israelis spared from another Holocaust, but for the entire
Camp of Freedom. Predictably, the world
media have trashed that great victory to the point where it is routinely seen as a disaster, not only for the Arabs, but also for Israel, and even for the world as a whole.
It is good then to have a forum in which the special, forgotten truth of that history is preserved for this generation."
- David Gutmann PhD, Emeritus Professor of Psychology, Northwestern University, Chicago
"It's impossible to have an understanding of
the contemporary Middle East without being fully grounded in the historical
events that shaped the politics, geography and attitudes that pertain in
the region today. In an age of media bias, disinformation and short memories,
this website is an invaluable tool in explaining the complex relationships
that exist between Israel and her neighbours and, in so doing, redresses
the balance so often skewed by journalists seeking headlines over truth."
- Zeddy Lawrence Editor The Jewish News www.totallyjewish.com
"This website is an excellent research tool
for journalists, students, and teachers. It provides a comprehensive, accurate,
and balanced picture of the Six Day War, as well as the events leading up
to and following it".
- Dr Jonathan G Campbell, Senior Lecturer in Biblical Studies & Judaism, University of Bristol
Very interesting site. Well done.
- Dr Ahron Bregman - an expert on Israel, the Arab-Israeli Conflict and Middle Eastern Affairs.
Department of War Studies, King's College, London, and author of several books. [More bigraphical info]
"Bravo! Excellent site. Best wishes"
- Winston Churchill, author & war correspondent
[Biographical notes: Like grandfather and father, Randolph Churchill,
Winston S. Churchill has had a dual career as a politician and a journalist.
In the 1960s spent a number of years as a war correspondent. He and his
father co-authored a book on the Six Day War which remains the standard
work on that war. Since retiring from politics, he has written a well-regarded
biography of his father & contributes articles to the Wall Street Journal
and various European newspapers and magazines. more]
"Bravo - your website is clear, comprehensive,
and comprehensible. This site is particularly timely, not only because interest
in the Six Day War is triggered by the upcoming 40th anniversary, but because
the legacy and meaning of these six days in June, 1967 remain controversial
- and significant."
- Gil Troy - Professor of History, McGill University, Montreal - Professor Troy's biographical notes
"This website is already proving to be an indispensable
reference for scholars and practitioners alike"
- Michael Rubin, Resident Scholar, American Enterprise Institute & Editor, Middle East Quarterly